Monitoring regularly the internet is crucial for the global security community to detect emerging threats, such as public health outbreaks and various types of instability. By applying its core scientific competences in computer science and computational linguistics to massive datasets, the Action "Open Source Text Information Mining and Analysis" (OPTIMA) develops open source intelligence and analysis systems that can automatically harvest and analyse a huge amount of information from internet-based sources, thus contributing to enhancing the EUís crisis management capabilities. More...
- 24 Aug 2012, Breaking down language barriers with EMM
- 21 Jun 2012, New software for automatic multilingual indexing of parliamentary documents
- 13 Jan 2012, IPSC young scientist awarded Best Romanian student abroad
- 29 Nov 2011, IPSC system excels in multilingual automatic summaries
- 26 Sep 2011, How do you spell it? JRC-Names has the answer