The Action "Scientific Support to Fisheries" (FISHREG) provides tools, services and advice in support to the EU's Common Fisheries Policy (CFP). The activities carried out by the FISHREG Action include scientific advice to the Commission's Scientific, Technical and Economic Committee for Fisheries (STECF), the collection of fisheries data reported by EU Member States and the development of tools to support fisheries enforcement, such as the Vessel Detection System (VDS). More...
- 2 Apr 2013, Mapping the risk of ship strike with endangered whales
- 22 Feb 2013, How does maritime traffic affect fin whale population in the Western Mediterranean Sea?
- 10 Jan 2013, Fishing drives the loss of shark and ray populations in the Adriatic Sea
- 24 Sep 2012, EU fishing fleet made an economic recovery in 2010
- 23 May 2012, Study co-authored by the JRC on genetics for fish traceability published in Nature Communications