The mission of the Global Security and Crisis Management Unit is to strengthen the EUís resilience to crises and disasters and the EUís aim to promote stability and peace through its research in crisis management technologies, information mining and analysis. The unit focuses on integrated systems for risk analysis, situational awareness, early warning and collaborative decision-making. More...
- 27 Nov 2013, Easy access to external aid data with the EC web tool "EU Aid Explorer"
- 26 Nov 2013, JRC researchers find over one million acronyms in 22 European languages
- 11 Nov 2013, The Copernicus Emergency Management Service produces the first post-typhoon damage assessment for Tacloban City (Philippines)
- 13 Oct 2013, JRC recommendations for better data on disaster losses
- 25 Sep 2013, Amazing technological solutions presented as JRC partners with UNOSAT to co-host workshop on Unmanned Aerial Systems for Rapid Mapping