In security-related applications satellite-derived information plays an essential role as a synoptic, independent and objective source. The Action "Geo-Spatial Information Analysis for Security and Stability" (ISFEREA) contributes to enhancing the EU's crisis management capabilities by means of the exploitation of new-generation satellite data. Information extracted from remotely sensed data is fused with other data sources in order to build information products and analyses by geo-spatial modelling and cartographic representation. More...
- 5 Mar 2012, Remote sensing, equipment and software tools in support of border delimitation in central Asia
- 28 Sep 2011, New modelling results link natural resources and armed conflicts
- 11 Aug 2011, IPSC scientists win the IEEE-GRSS Data Fusion Contest
- 1 Jun 2011, Mapping of human settlements with Chinese satellite data
- 21 Feb 2011, Better mapping of human settlements to support crisis management operations