The mission of the Maritime Affairs Unit is to contribute to a safe, secure, resource efficient and competitive Europe by the development of scientific and technological methodologies for EU policies related to the sea. The unit focuses on novel methods and integration of different information sources for maritime surveillance, on assessment and forecasting for fisheries, and provides harmonized safety accident reporting tools for maritime, air and rail traffic. More...
- 22 Feb 2013, How does maritime traffic affect fin whale population in the Western Mediterranean Sea?
- 10 Jan 2013, Fishing drives the loss of shark and ray populations in the Adriatic Sea
- 20 Nov 2012, A JRC concrete contribution to the fight against piracy.
- 11 Oct 2012, Launch of the European Railway Accident Information Links (ERAIL)
- 24 Sep 2012, EU fishing fleet made an economic recovery in 2010