The mission of the Maritime Affairs Unit is to contribute to a safe, secure, resource efficient and competitive Europe by the development of scientific and technological methodologies for EU policies related to the sea. The unit focuses on novel methods and integration of different information sources for maritime surveillance, on assessment and forecasting for fisheries, and provides harmonized safety accident reporting tools for maritime, air and rail traffic. More...
- 10 Mar 2014, International symposium held to improve fishery information globally
- 2 Dec 2013, JRC provides technical support for the European Border Surveillance System
- 18 Oct 2013, EU fishing fleet profitable again in 2011
- 4 Oct 2013, Assessing the importance of fisheries in EU coastal communities
- 9 Sep 2013, A novel approach to fisheries management